Getting bored with vaping cannabis? It’s more fun to taste and experience a good hit than to simply inhale and exhale the goodness of THC. There are tons of cannabis edibles you can make at home without using complicated equipment or waiting for too long. Learn the basics, from the appropriate dosage for the edibles to how to store them so as to preserve the flavor and hit.
Here are 3 Cannabis Recipes you can make in less than an hour:
Chocolate Mug Cake
This is one of the easiest cannabis-infused recipes to try at home. You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- chocolate bits
- cannabis butter.
To prepare, you’ll need a microwave and a microwave-safe mug.
- Put the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, and egg into the mug and mix well.
- You can add other ingredients, like marshmallows, berries, vanilla extract or bananas, as desired.
- Once the mixture has a smooth consistency, add the cannabis butter. Estimate how much you need and the approximate strength of the cannabis. Mix to distribute the butter evenly.
- Place the mug in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 2 minutes and enjoy!
This recipe for Cannabis Brownies is, by far, the most common cannabis recipe and is best enjoyed as a dessert because of its sweetness, with a hint of an earthy flavor.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
- Oil (any kind)
- Coconut Sugar
- 4-6g Finely shredded cannabis
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon of flour
- Grind 4 to 6 grams of cannabis and mix it with the oil. Make sure that you only add enough weed to get the desired result.
- Add the chocolate, sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix well. Place inside the microwave for about a minute.
- Add the eggs one at a time, together with the flour and walnuts (if there are any).
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.
In storing brownies, make sure to label the container with a ‘special’ word. Also note that the container must be sealed and dry to extend the life and flavor of the brownies. Doing this helps you preserve the brownies for at least 4 to 5 days.
Cannabis Infused Grilled Cheese
Want a sumptuous treat to serve to your friends? Why not make grilled cheese infused with cannabis. It’s so easy to make and needs only the most basic of ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter (cannabis butter)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices of bread
- Mix together the cannabutter and cheddar cheese.
- Spread the mix evenly onto the slices of bread.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet pan. Place all the slices of bread in the pan and flip them over once they’ve gone golden brown.
- They are ready when the cheese has completely melted. Cool for 2 minutes and enjoy!
Proper Dosage for Edibles
In making cannabis edibles, dosing is key to getting the desired result. In the US states that allow the recreational use of marijuana, the allowable dosing of edibles is only 5mg. Exceeding this amount may extend the effects of the edibles for a couple more hours.
Although there are no reported incidents of marijuana overdosing, taking the right amount can help you stay relaxed and fluid. Try these recipes today to experience a good hit that satisfies your cravings.