Lupus is one of the most unfamiliar diseases in the U.S. Even though millions of Americans have this long-term disease, including some well-known celebrities and prominent personalities such as Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga, Toni Braxton, and Seal, it remains a mystery to many. In fact, the Lupus Foundation of America found that only 72% of people between the ages of 18-34 don’t have the slightest clue about this health condition. This article sheds light on this ailment and how CBD oil can help in its treatment.
What is Lupus?
Lupus is an auto-immune disease that affects around 1.5 million Americans, and 16,000 new cases are reported every year. This ailment takes place when the immune system of your body attacks your organs and tissues. As a result, it causes inflammation in different parts of the body, including the skin and joints. It even causes swelling in your internal organs like the kidneys, lungs, blood cells, heart, and brain. There is no cure for this ailment, although certain types of treatment and medication can help control its symptoms.
One of the reasons lupus is mostly unknown is its difficulty in diagnosing. Most of its symptoms are usually the same as those of other diseases. No two cases of this ailment are identical as the symptoms will depend on which organs or parts of your body are affected. The most common indications of this disease are:
- Inflammation in the joints and other affected areas
- Rashes in the face or other areas
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Skin lesions that appear or get worse when exposed to the sun
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Dry eyes,
- Headaches, memory loss and confusion
- Fingers and toes that become white or blue in times of stress and exposure to cold
Lupus is often caused by your genetics and by your environment, but the cause in most cases is still unknown.
The development of this ailment starts when the person with the tendency of getting this disease are exposed to specific triggers in the environment such as sunlight as well as certain infections and medications.
This condition also predominantly affects women of childbearing age (15 to 45), although it also affects some men, senior citizens and toddlers.
If not appropriately treated, the swelling caused by this disease of certain parts of your body can result in life-threatening complications such as kidney failure, pneumonia, heart attack, serious infections, and even cancer
CBD Oil for this Disease
There are many treatments for lupus, and one of the latest ones is CBD oil. Cannabidiol has many properties that can help relieve the symptoms of this disease such as:
- Inflammation – The typical result of the immune system attacking some parts of the body is inflammation. CBD has a potent anti-inflammatory property that helps relieves the swelling. This cannabinoid (a compound from cannabis) can interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), the main task of which is to maintain the cellular balance and metabolism of the body. When the body ingests CBD, it can interact with the ECS to suppress the release of substances that causes the swelling.
- Pain relief – Inflammation often leads to chronic and severe pain. CBD is highly effective for pain relief. You can take this orally by taking tinctures, capsules, or edibles. You can also use CBD topicals like ointments, creams, and oils and apply it directly to the joints or other affected areas. If you have difficulty breathing because of its effects in your lungs, you can also inhale CBD vape oil.
Once triggered, lupus can adversely impact your daily activities for a lifetime. Thanks to the discovery of the many wonders of CBD oil, you can get a natural and safe medication that will help ease your burdens in living with this health condition.