2018 Facts and Figures
- Cannabis has two major species, namely sativa, and indica.
- Marijuana (commonly used for smoking) and hemp (scientifically known as sativa L., cultivated for industrial purposes) are two varieties of the cannabis plant.
- There are 779 strains that we know of. With various budtenders cross-breeding one strain with another, it is reasonable to assume that there are more than 779 varieties you can sample and enjoy.
- Because of hybridization practices, breeders have developed various rare and exotic strains that are highly sought after for their unique flavors, aromas, and appearances, as well as the one-of-a-kind sensations they give.
- Statista’s latest report on the number of medicinal marijuana patients shows that there are millions of patients benefiting from this plant’s properties. In May 2018, California had the highest number of users with 915,845 patients followed by Michigan with 269,553 patients.
- There was an anticipated increase in product sales in 2018 from USD 2.9 billion to USD 3.8 billion.
Recent Developments in Cannabis LegalizationWith a little more insight into the successes of the industry, you might be curious as to what brought on these advancements. The answer is simple: it is slowly but surely being accepted and legalized in many places. Just this October 2018, Canada followed in the footsteps of Uruguay and legalized the recreational and medicinal use of marijuana nationwide. There are various laws in every province or territory, but this sure is a welcome change in the country. These laws cover various aspects of marijuana possession, distribution, and price. Following the mid-term elections in November 2018, medical marijuana is now legal in 33 US states and Washington, DC. Of the 33 states, 9 (including Washington, DC) permit the use of cannabis for recreational purposes. CBD, with low THC content, is permitted for medicinal use in 14 states. So far, only three states, namely Idaho, South Dakota, and Kansas, maintain a complete ban on cannabis and cannabinoids. Meanwhile, American lawmakers have reached an agreement on the Farm Bill which will legalize hemp as an agricultural commodity. In light of these developments, it is important to mention that the Canadian company, Canopy Growth Corporation, was able to make its first legal transfer of cannabis products. In fact, the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) gave them an import permit, allowing them to get these marijuana products to a research partner in the US. Canopy Growth Corporation is a leader when it comes to maximizing what the plant has to offer. These developments in legalization are huge wins for the cannabis industry not only because of the projected increase in sales but more importantly the benefits of this plant becoming more accessible.
Latest News in Research and DevelopmentThe legalization of marijuana has led to some important developments in the area of R&D in 2018. Here are some of the highlights:
Marijuana BreathalyzerWhile it cannot be denied that there is a degree of social acceptance when it comes to the possession and use of cannabis, the fact remains that the authorities still maintain that, on a federal level, it is illegal. Of course, rules such as driving under the influence still apply to all users. Researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) are working on ways to measure the THC and CBD levels in a driver, the same way alcohol breathalyzers work. While they can successfully detect the presence of THC and CBD levels on the breath; they do face other challenges like the rapid rate at which cannabinoids leave the bloodstream.
It Lowers Opioid UseIn April 2018, it was discovered that government-approved medicinal marijuana could dramatically reduce opioid use. This is good news considering the number of people who are addicted to, abusing and overdosing on opiates such as morphine and fentanyl.
Cannabis Products that Emerged in 2018In the 60s and 70s, there was only one way to consume marijuana: by smoking it. Now there are a wide variety of cannabis strains you can experiment with and nothing to stop you from exploring what this herb can do. Some of the latest products that have emerged this year include:
• Edibles and DrinkablesWhat better way to ingest this wonder herb than to mix it with delicious treats and satisfying drinks? With the growing popularity of homemade baked goods, businesses took the opportunity to sell high-quality marijuana-infused products. Kiva is one of the leading manufacturers and sellers of these goodies. From fruity gummies and fresh mints to delectable chocolate bars and even non-chocolate confection, you can try out these mouth-watering sweets that offer a unique kick. If you are craving a good drink, just head to your local dispensary, and you are sure to find cannabis drinkables. Looking to soothe your senses? You might want to try one of Kikoko’s teas. Their herbal drinks are mixed with a helping of this wonder plant. The great thing is you can choose a variety that can help improve your sleep, lift your mood, relieve your pains, and enhance your sex life. Those in need of their morning coffee fix should check out marijuana coffee from Pot-o-Coffee. There is a wide selection of blends that offer various experiences for your taste buds. Enjoy a full-bodied brew for your morning cup or get one with caramel and vanilla tones for a more tasty helping.
• Body and CBD Beauty CarePerhaps one of the most innovative ways cannabis is being ingested in 2018 is through body and beauty care products. With CBD being hyped as a highly medicinal compound, more and more people are adding it to their beauty regiment. From marijuana-laced soap bars and shampoos to CBD-rich ointments and balms, you can use these products to treat dandruff, acne, and even psoriasis. Clean your pores using The CBD Skincare Co.’s CBD-Infused Exfoliating Cleanser and rid your face of dirt and grime and prevent blackheads. If ‘bags under the eyes’ is your problem, you might want to try CBD for Life’s eye serum. With seed oil and hyaluronic acid, you can go about your day without worrying about the bags under your eyes. 2018 saw many body and beauty care companies focusing on using cannabis as a way to improve their products so keep your eyes peeled for those.
• CBD Vape PensThe infamy surrounding cigarettes was matched only by the rise of CBD Vape Pens as an alternative. Even without the marijuana content, these devices are gaining ground because vaping offers a healthier means of ingesting nicotine and even non-nicotine juices. With the introduction of cannabis, vaping has become a more exciting experience. You can choose from a variety of juices with varied amounts of CBD and THC content. What’s exciting about this new way of consuming cannabinoids is that you get to pick flavors that suit your taste. Whether you like fruity notes or savory ones, you can get an e-juice that can satisfy your taste buds. This way, you can easily get your cannabinoid fix in a fun and tasty way, while perfectly blending in with the vaping crowd.
• ‘Luxury Pot’This herb is becoming more and more mainstream as the years go by. With its impending mainstream popularity, various brands have emerged to provide a ‘luxury’ version of this miracle plant. Defonce Chocolatier offers artisanal chocolate bars infused with dried buds in a wide range of flavors. These 20-dollar candies come in matcha, coffee, and mint flavors. You can also check out the selections from Beboe. Dubbed ‘The Hermes of Marijuana,’ their items come in luxe packaging with an equally sleek appearance. Try out their stylish vape pens or take some of their pastilles to get your quick fix of this herb.
• Dog TreatsWho would have thought you could feed cannabis products to your dogs? With recent developments, you can now share the benefits of this herb with your animal companion. Giving your dog these treats can address problems such as inflammation, mood issues, skin conditions, and muscle spasms. Keep in mind that these items are mixed with a lower dosage of cannabinoids to make it more compatible with a dog’s body. Moreover, make sure that you only give a controlled amount to your pet. Cannabis is indeed a wonder plant but what’s more wonderful is the continuous developments the industry has enjoyed in 2018 — new products, legal progress, and even new strains have made this year one for the books for the marijuana industry and enthusiasts. With greater support for this miracle herb, we can certainly look forward to another year full of good news and weedy goodness.
How CBD Can Help With Weight Loss
The therapeutic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) have prompted a lot of people to seek out infused products and try them for themselves. It is known for its potentials for relieving pain, improving brain functions, reducing inflammation, and reducing anxiety. Dispensaries and producers also promote these products for such effects.
One of the many things associated with CBD is weight loss. However, it is important to understand that the cannabinoid affects different people in varying ways. To know how it can help with weight loss, check out what science says.
How CBD Can Help With Weight Loss
CBD Influences Appetite
According to researchers, CBD can help reduce appetite thanks to its effects when it interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors in the body. When stimulated, CB1 receptors can increase appetite. THC is a CB1 agonist, which means that it activates the receptors, increasing the consumer’s appetite. Meanwhile, researchers found that CBD is a CB1 antagonist, which means that it will suppress the receptor, thus, decreasing appetite.
On the other hand, stimulating CB2 receptors can decrease food intake. The good news is CBD is a CB2 agonist, so it activates this effect.
Metabolism and Energy Storage
Animal studies showed that CBD can have an effect on metabolism as well, because of how it operates in the body. While there are limited human studies regarding this matter, these results are promising, especially when it comes to weight loss as the body could experience an increase in the rate it converts food into energy.
This cannabinoid is also known to have positive effects on metabolic disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Experts suggest that excessive stimulation of CB1 receptors in fat cells can increase the risks of obesity and metabolism problems. As a CB1 antagonist, CBD is believed to help as demonstrated by animal studies.
Further studies showed that CBD can aid in converting white fat into brown fat. White fat is energy storage that, in excess, is associated with illnesses like heart problems and diabetes. The body converts white fat into brown fat in order to help the body burn calories. However, CBD’s effects on metabolism, more human studies are needed to gain a better perspective on such effects on the body.
An Essential Reminder
While CBD can help reduce your appetite, improve metabolism, and promote the conversion of white fat to brown fat, it is important to remember that this cannabinoid interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is regarded as the body’s universal regulator.
So, cannabidiol can work as a two-way street. It has the potential to reduce appetite in some, while it can increase the appetite of others. Individuals who are trying to use weight should keep these possible effects in mind.
CBD has definitely gained a good reputation within the medical community. More studies are underway to gather more evidence on how CBD can help in weight loss. In the meantime, existing studies show that it does have the potential to help humans lose weight.
5 Negative Things About Smoking Weed
Currently, 18 states including Washington, DC has legalized the recreational use of cannabis, while its medical use is legal in 37 states. These law reforms surrounding cannabis indicate the rapidly changing views on the plant, especially as researchers continue to uncover its medicinal value.
In light of the therapeutic benefits shown by the plant, it is important to remember that smoking can have negative effects.
5 Negative Things About Smoking Weed
- Effects on Lung Health
The American Lung Association noted smoke is generally harmful to the lungs, whether the source is from burning wood, tobacco, and cannabis. Smoke contains toxins and carcinogens, which can be harmful to the lungs. The thing is marijuana smoke contains such substances, as well as irritants that cause negative effects on the lungs.
Cannabis smokers also tend to inhale deeply and keep the smoke inside their lungs for longer compared to cigarette smokers, which increases the exposure to harmful substances. Damages from marijuana smoke can lead to chronic bronchitis, chronic cough, phlegm production, and acute bronchitis.
- Effect on Young People’s Brain Health
A study published by Curr Pharm Des reveals that people under 25 years old who heavily smoke marijuana can see a decrease in neurocognitive performance. It can also impede brain development and alter brain functions.
This is because adolescents’ and teenagers’ brains are still being developed and frequent, heavy usage of cannabis can affect this development. This can result in impaired memory, focus, learning ability, and other brain functions.
- Increased Heart Rate
The National Institute on Drug Abuse said that inhaling marijuana smoke can increase a person’s heart rate. Normally, an average person’s heart beats 70 to 80 times per minute, but smoking cannabis can increase this rate by 20 to 50 beats per minute. It can even double the rate, depending on the person.
Consuming cannabis can also result in the expansion of blood vessels in the eyes, which is why users are typically known to have red eyes.
- Possibility of Use Disorders
Before we talk about the possibility of use disorders, it is important to learn the difference between dependence and addiction. According to the Addiction Center, dependence refers to a physical need to consume more of the substance because of withdrawal symptoms and tolerance build-up. Meanwhile, addiction is a behavioral need to consume due to changes in the brain.
Given this, there is evidence that marijuana consumers can develop use disorders, whether dependence or addiction, depending on the plant’s effects on the individual. Research shows that 9% of consumers can develop dependence. Keep in mind that a person can be dependent even though they are not addicted.
- Weakened Immune System
Some studies suggest that heavy and prolonged cannabis use can have effects on the immune system. According to one study, THC can stifle the immune system due to its anti-inflammatory function.
While this can be a good thing for sufferers of asthma, epilepsy, and other inflammatory conditions, it can have negative effects when an actual infection occurs. It is important to remember that inflammation is the body’s response to a harmful stimulus such as infections. Suppressing this function of the body during an infection can minimize the ability of the immune system.
The Bottom Line
Marijuana definitely has medicinal value and numerous studies are showing its positive effects. However, it is important to note that it can have negative impacts, especially as the plant has varying effects on different individuals. Knowing this 5 Negative Things About Smoking Weed, users can make informed decisions when smoking it, promoting safe and responsible cannabis use.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF SUPER GREEN MALAY KRATOM
“HEALTH IS WEALTH” – It is true! Have you examined the present worldwide scenario? The COVID Pandemic and several other viruses have conquered our Universe. However, we can find a way if we stay motivational and stand together. God has created the world for our living, not for deaths! Though there is a struggle, God has kept the solution for our life somewhere in nature. Science and technology have collectively taken our health into account. Their interminability of backbreaking work was never a loss. Our historical records often contain the core tools that the twentieth century has consigned to oblivion. Among the many natural
resources, Kratom is a blessing that has gained high popularity lately. Though it has a historical, traditional value of use, science has expanded its utility strength with development.
What is Kratom? It is a natural compound that exists as a mixture of two or more alkaloids. Its secret of success is the varying types and unique, attractive properties that help one follow a healthy lifestyle. So, where can we find it? It comes from the different parts of Southeastern Asia. However, few particular types have raised the consumer’s demand. Hence, they are
available worldwide to fulfill human desires. One of the trendiest types among the multiple Kratom forms is the Super Green Malay Kratom.
Malay is a popular Kratom version that varies depending on the color:
Green Malay is most famous for providing a balanced range of benefits. However, one must acknowledge every piece of information regarding the Green Malay strain to encourage and enhance its productivity. Let us examine the origin and relevance of the compound in depth! Let
us devour a brief history before you buy super Green Malay Kratom.
WHY IS THE NAME – ‘GREEN MALAY’??
Green Malay signifies ‘Ketum’ in Malaysia. The structure of the leaves is oval and appears dark Green. It has 100% green veins. What makes it different from other green-veined strains? As we know, evergreen trees are the source of the naturally occurring drug. Mitragyna and 7-hydroxy
Mitragyna is the core alkaloids present in every Kratom type. However, the Green Malay has the maximum intensity of providing the best results for longevity and survival in adverse circumstances. Its ancient discovery became a backbone for the early inhabitants of Malaysia. It was a traditional aid that helped to enhance focus in the medical sector. It has grown as a commercial strain with potential benefits.
Consumers have believed in the efficacy of the Mitragynine derivative. The particular strain provides the ideal proficiency in pain elimination and energy enhancement. However, scientists do not support the approval of the incredible results due to severe controversial issues. Thus, it is
legal in minimal states for now.
HOW IS IT A SUPER STRAIN?
Many people in today’s generation do not trust these natural strains. They opt for allopathic medicines for treatment. Though they are quick in relieving the patient’s pain, they may carry harmful side effects. It may make one even worse with addiction. The consumer becomes
dependent on these medications forever. Thus, avoiding the medicinal chemical substances and utilizing a natural selection will ease your life.
How come Green Malay grew as a super strain? It is multi-purpose for the reason of boasting over 40 alkaloids. The particular type is available through the High alleviation of the deforested areas.
It acts as a mediator between red and white versions of the Malay strains. It is a mixture of the sedative properties of the red vein and the euphoric nature of the white vein Kratom. The extraction of the green Malay includes the harvesting of selective giant leaves with higher alkaloid content. That is the reason it is a super strain! The leaves replicate the Elephant’s ears.
Thus, it is often known as “the Elephant Kratom”!
THE AROMA AND THE FEELS OF THE GREEN MALAY SPECIES!
The Malaysian drug has a deep earthy aroma and smooth feel. What if it is stale? The particles feel rough and dusty if they become worse. Likewise, the older the powder forms, the stinky it smells.
WHAT EFFECTS DOES THE SUPER GREEN MALAY OFFER?
Every product has a positive or negative role. It just depends on the way you prefer it and the way you consider its dosage. Let us explore the pros of the super Green Malay:
- It acts as an ultimate energy booster for enhancing brain function and body strength.
- It is an excellent pain reliever, not only for joints and muscles but also for curing bone
- It is a boon for those suffering from Migraines. It can empower your concentration with a
- It is a mood regulator for those with depressive traits. It can respond to the body and
mind within twenty minutes of consumption. It can fill one with positivity.
- The herb brings a feeling of euphoria among the ones combating negativity. Insomnia is
curable through the ingestion of the Green Malay.
- The Malaysian herb is capable of reducing wrinkles. Its anti-aging properties keep the
- Its anti-oxidative property can invest in our immunity. It is responsible for the
management of hormonal imbalance and immune system with mild recovery.
- The heavy alkaloid concentration increases its potency rate. One can experience
appetizing effects in the body that often acts as a powerful relaxant.
ARE THERE ANY DRAWBACKS?
Though the Malaysian Green strain is close to perfection, it has few drawbacks. The side effects are mild, and hence, no one needs to worry! However, recommend a professional before its consumption and keep a strict diet plan for its dosage. Let us explore the side effects that can hit
one due to overdosage:
● Sweating and giddiness
● Trembling and shaking of hands or legs
● Makes the eye vision poor for a while
● Makes one weak due to a reduction in appetite
● Headache and constant puking may occur
Therefore, one must ensure that the herb is suitable for your body. Despite several benefits, one can not utilize it without correct acknowledgment of the Kratom strain.
The Super Green Malay Kratom is the supreme strain of the Kratom family.
People opt for the particular Malaysian strain for its high potency and devastating results. Though science has revealed only minor benefits till now, one can rely on its effectiveness. Several consumers have expressed a positive attitude towards its quality and efficiency.
However, it is never a loss to refer to a drug specialist before opting for the herb in your daily routine. One must optimize their ailments and look for appropriate dosages that can not affect them with harsh consequences.
The Latest Developments in the West Coast Lifestyle Cannabis Scene
The Wonderful World of Weed Edibles
The State of Cannabis in Washington State: Things To Know in 2021
Could CBD Help Fight Severe Cases Of COVID-19? [VIDEO]
Social Equity Partners is Available For Arizona Applicants
CBD Trends for 2021: Information You Must Have
Why Cannabis Stocks Could Take the World by Storm in 2021
Where To Get Top Cannabis News
High and Wealthy: Top 8 Richest People Who Have Used Marijuana
Laze Teams Up With Hazey Taughtme For A Cali Cannabis Collab
Here’s How to Use CBD Safely Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Things are Getting Seedy – New Cannabis App Coming Late 2020
AZ Adult-Use Cannabis Legalization Will Be Voted On In November
CBD Oil a Growing Trend in the Japanese Market
Cannabis Sales in Illinois Reaches an All-Time High
Hobo Cannabis Wants Delivery Service to be Legal in BC
Louisiana to Provide Wider Access to MMJ Via New Law
IL Delays Issuing of Licenses for Minority Business Owners
Racial Disparity in Marijuana Searches and Arrests Still Persists, Studies Reveal
Israel to Enact Cannabis Reforms Legislation
Making CBD Chocolates At Home![VIDEO]
Baked CBD Cheesecake [VIDEO]
Should You Try CBD Gummies?
How to make extra strength CBD oil [VIDEO]
CBD and Coffee
The Wonderful World of Weed Edibles
3 CBD Baked Treats to Make in Time for Easter
Cbd & strawberry vinaigrette
DIY CBD Essential Oil Roll [DIY]
CBD + Coffee | How does it work?! [VIDEO]
Relaxing CBD Drinks to Help You Through These Trying Times
CBD-Infused Lemongrass Lemonade Recipe [VIDEO]
How To Make CBD Infused Drinks // CBD Moon Milk Recipe [VIDEO]
Choosing Your Next CBD Gummies – Quick Guide
How to Make CBD Infused Chocolates [VIDEO]
Cooking with CBD Oil: 3 Recipes You Can Make on 4/20 & Every Day [VIDEO]
CBD Gummies: Why they are growing in popularity?
CBD-Infused Kahlua Cheesecake Tart With Scientist-Turned-Chef Chris Yang | Like A Chef [VIDEO]
CBD Drink Innovation and how CBD drinks dominate the 2020 market
How to Make Weed Brownies
Does CBD Improve Mental Health? [VIDEO]
The State of Cannabis in Washington State: Things To Know in 2021
Topical CBD for Pain: Does it Even Work? [VIDEO]
CBD and Inflammation – Morning Marijuana News [VIDEO]
Could CBD Help Fight Severe Cases Of COVID-19? [VIDEO]
The Oral Health Benefits of CBD [VIDEO]
Does CBD oil work for Gout? | Gout Pain Relief | CBD oil for Gout [VIDEO]
Can Kratom Boost My Energy Levels?
Can CBD Help With Treating Arthritis?
How I Use CBD Products Every Day for Pain Relief [VIDEO]
Can CBD Treat Opioid Addiction? | Consumer Reports [VIDEO]
Ache No More: How to Use CBD Oil for Pain Relief
How To Use CBD For Alcohol Withdrawal [VIDEO]
CBD Oil for Colds and Flu – Is it Effective?
Will CBD Oil Help With A Toothache?
Grave’s Disease: What is it and Can CBD Help?
Why New-to-Cannabis Users Need to Try CBD for Pain Relief
Calming Anxiety With CBD Oil: What You Need To Know
The Connection Between CBD Oil and Diabetes
5 Calming CBD And Hemp Oils For Coronavirus Stress
CBD Plants & Strains9 months ago
Can you smoke CBD hemp flower?
Cannabis Blogs2 years ago
How Cody Alt Emerged in the Cannabis Market
Benefits of Medical Marijuana2 years ago
How CBD Helps Hasten Wound Healing
Cannabis Blogs2 years ago
Living the Pot Life: 4 PC Games that Lets You Live and Breathe Weed
Cannabis Lifestyle1 year ago
What To Look For When Buying High-Quality CBD Products
Cannabis News1 year ago
Top High-Paying Jobs in the Cannabis Industry
Cannabis & Technology2 years ago
4 Awesome Cannabis Farming Mobile Games You Should Check Out
Benefits of Medical Marijuana3 years ago
Types of Cannabis: Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid